New Delhi: The Ministry of India is implementing the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), as a sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) since 2015-16. Under this programme, the block is the unit of implementation. As of 30th June 2021, 183 project proposals have been approved across 29 States/Union Territories across the country. These projects cover 160 districts and 205 blocks. SVEP allows for more than one block to be combined under one project.
A mid-term review of SVEP was carried out during 2018-19 by the Quality Council of India (QCI), which indicated that the programme was able to meet the objectives. Some of the key findings were:
- 82% of entrepreneurs across the blocks reported being from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Other Backward Class categories.
- 75% of the enterprises were owned and managed by women.
- 57% of the total household income is through the enterprises promoted under SVEP.
- The average gross income of the entrepreneurs is higher than the aspirational income stated by them from the enterprise at the time of starting the enterprise.
- Around 96% of the entrepreneurs reported an enhancement in savings.
- 70% of the entrepreneurs interviewed reported that taking loans from Community Enterprise Fund (CEF) was easy.
The number of enterprises supported in Blocks during the last three years and current year States/UT wise is provided in Annexure.
Number of Blocks where implementation has started and number of Enterprises formed
|S.No||States/UT||Enter-prises formed in no. of Blocks 2018-19||Enter-prises formed in 2018-19||Enter-prises formed in no. of Blocks 2019-20||Enter-prises formed in 2019-20||Enter-prises formed in no. of Blocks 2020-21||Enter-prises formed in 2020-21||Enter-prises formed in no. of Blocks 2021-22||Enter-prises formed in 2021-22 (Up to June 2021)|
|10||Jammu & Kashmir||2||575||2||418||6||973||6||0|
This information was given by the Union Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in written during the Lok Sabha on 3rd August 2021.