Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri Prakash Javadekar on June 29, 2021, inaugurated NATRAX –the High-speed track (HST) for automobiles in Indore. The track is the longest such track in Asia. NATRAX developed in an area of 1000 acres of land, is a one-stop solution for all sorts of high-speed performance tests for the widest categories of vehicles from 2 wheelers to heavy tractor-trailers.
Speaking at the e-inauguration of the world-class 11.3 km High-Speed Track, Shri Javadekar said that India is destined to become a hub of automobiles, manufacturing, and spare parts. The Minister said, we are fast moving towards an ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’ and all-around efforts are being made in this direction. He said, his ministry is committed to fulfill the Prime Minister’s dream of ensuring that India becomes a hub of auto manufacturing. He said, expanding the automobiles and manufacturing industries will help generate employment.
The Minister further said that projects in railways, highways, and waterways which were languishing for years are today getting completed because of the strong political will.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri. Arjun Ram Meghwal, said, the government is promoting the manufacturing and automobile industry as it will help to empower the nation at a larger scale.
High-Speed Track for automobiles: Key Highlights
• The high-speed track for automobiles will be used for measuring the maximum speed capability of high-end cars like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Tesla, which cannot be measured on any of the Indian test tracks.
• It is located centrally in Madhya Pradesh, which makes it accessible for most of the major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
• The foreign Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) will be looking at NATRAX high-speed track for the development of prototype cars for Indian conditions.
• These manufacturers at present go to their respective high-speed track abroad for high-speed test requirements.
• The high-speed track will be one-stop solution for all sorts of high-speed performance tests, being one of the largest in the world.
• It will cater to the widest category of vehicles, ranging from two-wheelers to the heaviest tractor-trailers.
• The vehicles can achieve a max speed of 375 Kmph on curves with steering control and it has less banking on ovals, making it also one of the safest test tracks globally.
The TRAX center has multiple test capabilities such as measurements of maximum speed, acceleration, emission tests through real road driving simulation, constant speed fuel consumption, high-speed handling, and stability evaluation during maneuvers such as lane change and high-speed durability testing.