A BNE Exclusive Interview
- Rajasthan Lime Udyog – one of the leading exquisite premium showrooms redefining living spaces. How would you brief its journey so far?
In 1992, with the blessings of Maa Kamakhya, myself Jagdish Agarwal & my younger brother Manoj Agarwal started this firm Rajasthan Lime Udyog for Lime Business. Slowly, we diversified to wholesale trade of tiles in the North-East region from Guwahati. Gradually we included new & innovative products of the industry in our basket. Further, we have developed a wholesale display centre at Ganeshguri near Walford, GS road.
In the year 2013-2014, we started a premium showroom at Rukmini Gaon with the world’s topmost brands in our industry to provide the consumers of the North-East with the latest trends and products. After the successful completion of the 6th Mile showroom, we inaugurated another showroom at NH-37 opposite ISBT with a wider range of products in 2019-20.
2. Over the years, Rajasthan Lime Udyog has established a firm brand value in the entire North East. What made it a promising brand among the other competitive brands in the North East?
- Range and varieties
- Reasonable pricing
- Commitment value
- Time-bound service.
- Well trained sales team
- Back office management
- Positive attitude
- Upgrading ourselves with new trends and developments.
Beyond all, the love and affection of all our near and dear ones, our valuable customers, made us achieve everything we are today.
3. Being one of the leading brands in the North East, how would you define the market scenario?
Guwahati, being the hub of the North-East, has always been a great marketplace. The central and state governments are coming up with lots of new opportunities and development in the infrastructural sector of the region. In the private sector, builders and promoters are coming up with lavish apartments and commercial buildings. buildings that have boosted the state and economy as a whole.
4. Keeping in view the brand value, the quality, how it has been contributing towards the betterment and economic development of Assam in North East, in terms of employment and business market?
Speaking about the employment sector, our firm has generated many direct and indirect employment opportunities for the resident of the state. Many laborers/ plumbers/ masons/ are getting work opportunities as the market is growing.
If we talk about the business market, earlier people of Assam and the North-East had to travel out of the state to procure materials for their needs. But now as we have been developing and bringing the latest products into the state, people have access to our varied range and we have made it available at their home.
5. Who are your target buyers? How would you rate the revenue generated on a monthly basis?
Our target buyers are the ones coming up with new construction of any type, like buildings, offices, apartments, bungalows, penthouses, etc. Market influencers like architects, interior designers, and civil engineers are also among our Clientage.
Speaking of revenue, the overall market is growing in northeast and everyone who is associated with the industry is benefitted out of this.
6. What are the products and services Rajasthan Lime Udyog offer to its clients? Are there any new launches coming up?
Our products and services include tiles, sanitaryware, bathroom fitters, plumbing materials, water heaters, water storage tanks, aluminum system windows, cladding solutions, adhesives, and grouts.
We are dealers/distributors of brands like Qutone, Somany, Kajaria, Nitco, Johnson, Hansgrohe, Duravit, Artize, Jaquar, Kolher, Grohe, American Standard, Flexstone, MYK Laticrete, TOTO, Simpolo, Birla white care putty, white cement stevel elstone, magnific designer fans, teakwood Kalinga stone, among a few to name.
We are also coming up with a range of Panasonic modular kitchens at the Rukmini Gaon showroom.
7. With various new brands coming up in the market, what are the different strategies followed to put up healthy competition in the market?
The present market scenario is very dynamic. We keep on adding new products, designs, and varieties to keep up the pace with the latest trends and styles. We keep introducing new products and innovations to serve our customers with something extraordinary.
Talking about competition, we always compete with ourselves. Every day we try to learn new things and make ourselves better to stay in the market.
Market size is really huge and everyone has got good opportunity to do business in market. We believe in healthy competition.